RECORDS OF AUSTIN METCALF’S ALLEGED RACIST GRAFFITI AND VIOLENT PAST HAVE SURFACED — ALONGSIDE DISTURBING TEXTS ATTRIBUTED TO KARMELO ANTHONY.

Troubling new details about Austin Metcalf‘s past have emerged more than two months after Karmelo Anthony was convicted of murdering the 17-year-old at a Texas high school track meet in April 2025.

According to a report from CBS News published on Thursday, August 20, juvenile records revealed during a hearing regarding Anthony’s request for a new trial showed that Austin and his twin brother, Hunter Metcalf, had previously been caught spray-painting racist graffiti. The two boys reportedly painted the phrases, “Heil Hitler” and “KKK kill all blacks,” along with the N-word.

The records stated that Hunter and Austin told officials “we did some dumb stuff” and “we did some vandalism.”

In addition to the vandalism, there were multiple documented incidents of Austin using racial slurs at school, as well as bullying a Black classmate, in 2023, per the report.

In 2018, Austin was arrested after he and his brother were accused of bullying a girl while they were still in elementary school, documents revealed.

Three years later in 2021, Austin was banned from attending basketball games for one season after yelling profanity at a player, according to CBS News.

The following year, school disciplinary records showed that Metcalf was accused of using profanity and calling a teacher the B-word. He reportedly told a school official that he “couldn’t control it and wasn’t aware that it was coming out of his mouth.”

<span class="wp-desc-text"></span> <span class="wp-caption-text">metcalf_jeff/Instagram</span>

metcalf_jeff/Instagram

Austin received in-school suspension on two occasions during the 2023-2024 school year.

In 2024, Austin was accused of knocking a female student to the ground and punching her in the stomach during an argument.

CBS News also reported that records from 2024 showed that Austin met with a counselor at least five times regarding his anger and rage during a football game. In a separate incident, he was removed from a football game and allegedly texted someone, “I was about to beat the [expletive] out of those kids.”

Court documents obtained by the outlet also detailed an incident at a track meet, when a student told Austin that someone behind their team’s bench was “talking wild,” Austin allegedly responded, “Kill that mf.”

As Globe previously reported, prosecutors also revealed disturbing details about Anthony’s past, including school suspensions for fighting and text messages in which he discussed violence, guns and threats against others.

According to CBS News, prosecutors said Anthony, now 19, repeatedly threatened his then-girlfriend, including one message in which he allegedly told her, “when I stab somebody I’m gonna lick their blood off the blade.”

Anthony was found guilty of murder earlier this summer on June 9, and he was sentenced to 35 years in prison. The details about both teens’ pasts have surfaced as Anthony’s attorneys seek to have his murder conviction overturned and secure a new trial. Much of the information was not presented during Anthony’s original trial.