EXCLUSIVE: Meghan Markle’s TV appearance in Australia broke a record, as sources dismiss negative reports.
Meghan Markleâs episode on MasterChef Australia has hit a new record just as sources close to her dismissed reports of any type of drama while on set. The Duchess of Sussex appeared as a guest judge on the 18th season of the cooking show on Sunday, when contestants were challenged to transform a staple ingredient into a dish âfit for a duchessâ.
She appeared alongside MasterChef Australia judges Poh Ling Yeow, Sofia Levin and Jean-Christophe Novelli. The latest episodeâs rankings have been released and the results are quite telling. Sundayâs MasterChef Australia episode reached a total of 1.6million Total TV viewers.
- Meghan Markle’s ‘MasterChef meltdownâ exposed as insiders break silence
- Prince Harry ‘must convince Meghan Markle’ or door will ‘shut for forever’

Meghan Markle’s episode on MasterChef Australia did well (Image: Channel 10)
It broke the record for the biggest overnight Sunsay audience since July 2023 and the biggest-ever overnight streaming audience, at 118,000 viewers, according to figures released by broadcaster Network 10.
It also topped the seven-day Total Viewing audience with 1.22million national viewers.
Meghanâs episode saw a 16% increase in its national Total TV audience compared with the same episode last year.
Total TV is a special metric used in Australia to measure viewing across screens and combines traditional linear broadcast television with digital broadcast video-on-demand (BVOD) viewing.
Channel Seven’s Commonwealth Games in Glasgow came first with a total of 2.5million Total TV viewers and Channel Nine’s Lego Masters reached 1.7million viewers.
It comes amid negative reports involving the duchessâs appearance on set.
Recent reports claimed the Duchess was involved in a tense moment with Ms Yeow after she was announced as âroyaltyâ at the beginning of the episode.
Meanwhile, another report by celebrity journalist Rob Shuter claimed that production insiders said Meghanâs appearance left the cast and crew âexhaustedâ.
They described the duchess as âone of the most demanding celebrity guests the long-running series has ever hostedâ.
But sources close to the Duchess dismissed the claims and said they are âfalse,â telling the Daily Express that Meghan had an âincredibleâ time with all those involved, including the judges, contestants and crew. They stressed that there were âno issuesâ.
They also further dismissed the latest reports, saying that âeverything was so positiveâ.
It is understood that Network 10 has been pleased with Meghanâs appearance.